Long Range Shooting: 1,690 Yards with my 6.5 Creedmoor
Long Range Shooting: 1,690 Yards w/ 6.5 Creedmoor
I’m slowly making it out to a mile! 1690 yards is pretty close. Details of the rifle are below.
* Action – Defiance Deviant, branded Roberts Precision Rifles. Built in 20 MOA rail, and recoil lug.
* Barrel – Bartlein 25 inch M24 contour 1:8.5 twist chambered in 6.5 Creemoor
* Suppressor – AAC Cyclone with a TAB gear Kryptek Mirage cover.
* Stock – McMillan A5 with flush cups all over, atlas rail, and PTG bottom metal.
* Bipod – Harris Bipod BRM-S and LT706 QD Swivel Mount Combo, bipod spikes are from JEC Customs
* Sling – Rifles Only FTW.
* Bolt handle and bolt shroud fluted by http://proprecisionrifles.com “bolt fluter”
* Scope Mount- Sphur 20 MOA SP-4601 with built in level.
* Scope – Kahles k624i 6-24×56 w/ MSR k reticle.
Ballistic information is below. This was taken from my Kestrel 4500 NV w/ Applied Ballistics.
Distance 1,690 yards.
Caliber 6.5 Creedmoor
Projectile 140gr Berger Hybrid
MV 2804 FPS
Elevation dialed from 100 yard zero. 21.10 Mils.
Wind held, .4 mils,
POI Elevation was dead center, wind was …. .4 mils off, It was a really dead wind day
Vertical Coriolis -0.11 mil
Horizontal Coriolis 0.14 mil
Spin Drift R 0.44 mil
Remaning Velocity 1040 FPS.
Remaning Energy 336 ftlb (more than a 55gr FMJ at 400 yards)
Time of Flight 3.1 seconds.
Time of shot fired, to hear the impact 8 seconds
Max Ordinate 523.14 inches.
Total Drop 1278.52 inches.
Range at which transonic velocity transition begins 1206 yards
75% though transsonic range at 1400 yards
Subsonic (1130 FPS) at 1460 yards
While not practical, I really want to get a few shots with this 6.5 Creedmoor out to a mile and beyond. Just to see how stable this 140gr hybrid will be at such long distances.